Secure Application Development is a 2 day course which is designed to provide engineering staff with a comprehensive overview of building secure applications in the modern computing world. All aspects of software development (design, construction, testing, and deployment) are impacted by concerns for security. This course addresses both the vulnerabilities and the mitigating techniques throughout the development cycle to ensure an environment that is as strong as possible.
Secure Application Development training is available for Instructor-Led (ILT) in-person/onsite training or Virtual Instructor-Led training (VILT) delivery; Open Enrollment options may be available.
Who Should Attend
This course is designed for Developers, DevOps, IT and QA staff, Release Engineers, Technical Managers and Build Team Personnel.
What Attendees will learn
In this course, students will gain knowledge of security issues and mitigation techniques when developing with modern (managed) languages. Participants will:
- Emphasize the importance of building secure applications
- Articulate what must be protected (personal & corporate)
- Describe how a language choice affects security
- Describe security within the SDLC
- Describe common threats and mitigation controls
- Describe threats and mitigation techniques within managed languages
- Learn how to test for security
- Learn how to react when an attack occurs
General technology background, experience with programming using Go or Python. All students will need to be able to ssh to a provided cloud instance. If ssh isn’t available due to security concerns, arrangements can be made.