Professional Scrum Master™ (PSM) is an interactive, activity-based course where students gain a strong understanding of Professional Scrum and the role of the Scrum Master. Through a combination of discussion and exercises, students develop a deep understanding of the underlying principles of Scrum and the Agile mindset while learning the practices applied by successful Scrum Teams.
In this two day class students are challenged to explore the Agile and Scrum principles so they can better understand what to do when applying Scrum to support their teams and organizations.
The course, developed by Scrum.org, uses a combination of instructor-led and activity-based learning where students work together in teams. Professional Scrum Trainers (PSTs) bring their own Scrum Master experiences and stories to the class and use their skills as professional trainers to deliver the material using their own unique delivery style. The result is an engaging, enjoyable learning experience where students gain a deep understanding of Scrum theory and principles, the Scrum Master accountabilities and why each element of the Scrum framework is important.
Students leave this course with an appreciation for Professional Scrum, the agile mindset and how to deal with common myths and impediments to agility. They gain the knowledge and understanding about how to choose and apply the appropriate practices and techniques that will be most beneficial for their Scrum Teams.
Professional Scrum Master™ training is available for Instructor-Led (ILT) in-person/onsite training or Virtual Instructor-Led training (VILT) delivery; Open Enrollment options may be available.
Who Should Attend
This course is appropriate for students in any industry where teams are working to solve complex problems. The Professional Scrum Master™ course is for:
- Practitioners that are interested in starting a career as a Scrum Master
- Scrum Masters, Agile/Scrum Coaches and consultant looking to improve their use of Scrum
- Anyone involved in product delivery using Scrum
What Attendees will learn
The objective is that the participants will have an understanding of:
- Help Scrum Teams deliver value to their organization
- Understand the theory and principles behind Scrum and empiricism
- Understand how each part of the Scrum framework ties back to the principles and theory
- Understand uncertainty and complexity in product delivery
- Understand the meaning and importance of the Scrum values
- Learn what Done means and why it is crucial to transparency
- Know how to use the Product Backlog to plan with agility
- Understand the importance of self-managing teams, interpersonal skills needed, and the Scrum Master role
- Clarify the leadership role a Scrum Master plays on the team
- Learn the skills and traits and behavior shifts required to be a Scrum Master
Professional Scrum Certification
All participants completing the Professional Scrum Master™ course will receive a password to attempt the Professional Scrum Master™ I (PSM I) assessment. The industry-recognized PSM I certification requires a minimum passing score of 85%. PSM class participants who attempt the PSM I assessment within 14 days of receiving their free password and do not score at least 85% will be granted a 2nd attempt at no additional cost.
You are also entitled to a discount on the PSM II assessment once passing PSM I.