Kubernetes Administration (LFS458) with RX-M
This virtual course covers the core concepts typically used to build and administer a Kubernetes cluster in production, using vendor-independent tools. We build a cluster, determine network configuration, grow the cluster, deploy applications and configure the storage, security and other objects necessary for typical use. This course offers exposure to the many skills necessary to administer Kubernetes in a production environment and is excellent preparation for the Certified Kubernetes Administrator (CKA) exam.
RX-M is a Linux Foundation Authorized Training Partner (ATP), part of the founding class of Kubernetes Certified Service Providers (KCSP) and Kubernetes Training Partners (KTP), and a charter member of the CNCF. We are uniquely positioned as unbiased & market neutral.
All of the Kubernetes Administration courses are led by Certified Kubernetes Administrators.
Kubernetes Administration (LFS458)
In this course, you’ll learn how to install and configure a production-grade Kubernetes cluster, from network configuration to upgrades to making deployments available via services. Also, handle the ongoing tasks necessary for Kubernetes administration.
- Installation of a multi-node Kubernetes cluster using kubeadm, and how to grow a cluster.
- Choosing and implementing cluster networking.
- Various methods of application lifecycle management, including scaling, updates, and roll-backs.
- Configuring security both for the cluster as well as containers.
- Managing storage available to containers.
- Learn monitoring, logging and troubleshooting of containers and the cluster.
- Configure scheduling and affinity of container deployments.
- Use Helm and Charts to automate application deployment.
- Understand Federation for fault-tolerance and higher availability.
This course does not focus on one vendor’s tools. Most courses are vendor-locked. We use kubeadm to deploy the cluster and focus on tools that would work on anyone’s Kubernetes cluster.