The Value Stream Management Foundation course is an introduction to value stream management (VSM) principles, practices, and tools. The Value Stream Management Foundation course from Value Stream Management Consortium, and offered in partnership with DevOps Institute, takes learners through a value stream management implementation journey. It considers the human, process, and technology aspects of this way of working and explores how optimizing value streams for flow and realization positively impacts organizational performance. Digital value streams include the software applications and services in addition to the platforms that support them (e.g., cloud infrastructure or DevOps toolchains).
Available for Instructor-Led (ILT) in-person/onsite training or Virtual Instructor-Led training (VILT) delivery; Open Enrollment options may be available.
Who Should Attend
- Leadership and CXO, especially CIO, CTO, CPO, and CVO
- Transformation and evolution leads and change agents
- Value stream architects, managers, engineers
- Scrum Masters, agile and DevOps coaches and facilitators
- Portfolio, product and project managers, and owners
- Business analysts
- Architects, developers, and engineers
- Release and environment managers
- IT Ops, service and support desk workers
- Customer experience and success professionals
What Attendees will learn
Attendees will gain an understanding of the VSM language, core concepts and key practices, how to connect your DevOps toolchain and measure it, how to apply DevOps practices to accelerate time to value and how to effectively use metrics to inspect, adapt and evolve capability.
The Value Stream Management Foundation course positions attendees to successfully complete the Value Stream Management Foundation certification exam. This course is offered with or without the VSM exam.
None, although having a working knowledge of lean, agile, DevOps, and value stream principles is useful.